PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Moving to USA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2017, 00:39
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by button push ignored
I can do without the No Sn*t Sherlock, Captain obvious comment.
A claim was made. I made a rebuttal.

No, a flow through is not great insurance, when it’s a false insurance designed to lure you into a false sense of security. Just like the advertisement that uses the phrase ‘peace of mind’. You know you’ve been had.

A friend went to Horizon many years ago, and became comfortable. Too comfortable, and he stayed. Oh he talked about going to Alaska, but never seemed to do much about getting there.

Now if he had realized the hard truths of the of the regional business, and picked the worst one with the fastest upgrade. Then every day he’d be scrambling to get out.
A crappy company is a great motivator for upward mobility.

You plan your next move whilst your in ground school, and you make it happen.
You only have yourself to blame of it doesn’t.
For these are the best times I’ve ever known.
If your still at Skywest after 15 years, your not trying.
You can’t just send stuff out and wait for a call.
You have to work the phones and pound the pavement too.
I used to have a rule, that every day I had to do something to better my lot in life.
You know what? It worked.
I agree with everything you’re saying and I’m doing exactly that myself. But to say the flow is useless is a false statement, say that to the guys currently flowing now that never got a call that have the right resume, did all the job fairs, networked, no skeletons etc. we have jumpseaters all the time from companies without flow through that time and time again say they wish they went to a wholly owned with a flow.