PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed wind farm impacts Cobden ALA future
Old 21st Dec 2017, 23:29
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by First_Principal
Personally I would search for empirical evidence if I were to make statements on a public website - experiments are for the lab really, and often do not reflect real life....<it snip>

FP.
Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. Scientists record and analyze this data. The process is a central part of the scientific method. Live Science Jul 27, 2017.

The evidence presented to you was empirical evidence recording the observations of highly qualified scientists working in the field as compared to anecdotal "evidence" provided by people with a barrow to push.

It seems you just don't want to accept it?

You only have to go to Delhi or Beijing to see the effects of coal smoke pollution and it's horrific effect on the population. Wind is just one of a number of ways in which clean energy can be produced and I agree that siting turbines near an airport is irresponsible. I also think we need to encourage investment initiatives to look into new sources and better utilise the existing ones, and sell the technology to a world market.

My last electricity account was $72 for 3 months because I have solar panels. This is the brave new world and I'd like to be part of it for a while longer.

How about you?

Kaz