PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed wind farm impacts Cobden ALA future
Old 21st Dec 2017, 21:58
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
"But these symptoms do not occur in people who haven’t been told that wind farms are harmful. And in an experiment in which participants were led to believe that wind-farm sounds are beneficial to health, they actually reported positive symptoms."

It's important to search for credible peer-reviewed material, not websites run by people wearing tinfoil hats.
Personally I would search for empirical evidence if I were to make statements on a public website - experiments are for the lab really, and often do not reflect real life.

As for 'tinfoil hats', I don't believe that belittling people or their views in this way particularly assists knowledge and understanding. The latter is something to be sought - after all we'd like people to understand our view wouldn't we, rather than just call us 'wannabe Biggles' or something?

If you look at some of the detail I earlier included it will lead you to much research and empirical evidence. I don't see the need on this aviation site to cite the hundreds of articles, scientific papers, and real people I've been involved with over these noise generators but I do assure you that there is plenty of evidence (and personal experience) of the affect on health due directly to them

Remember also, it's the same people complain about the health effects or wind farms that complain about the health effect of airports

Residents struggling with Moorabbin Airport noise as training pilots make 726 flights a day.

"Moorabbin Airport Residents' Association president Peta Millard told Leader that she doesn't bother going to bed before 10pm each night because the noise is constant up until that time"
The same people? Where's the complimentary article citing Peta Millard is also having issues with a wind turbine (aka noise generator)?

Attempts to dismiss people by lumping them into the 'professional whingers' category also doesn't promote understanding, nor does it assist in achieving resolution.

FP.

Last edited by First_Principal; 21st Dec 2017 at 22:06. Reason: Grrr, 'quoting' wouldn't work properly