PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed wind farm impacts Cobden ALA future
Old 21st Dec 2017, 13:43
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please stop shouting, now there's a nice chap.
My sincere apologies if my capital letters upset your delicate sensibilities. In future I will endeavor to better control my anger and fustration with the never ending repetition of debunked nonsense.

If you don't believe the science then at least use common sense. If wind turbines use more power in their manufacture than they ever produce why don't those cunning shysters you make out the turbine industry to be, just buy power from the grid and on sell it at a profit and cut out all the stuffing around building turbines

To keep my temperature down at least quote your sources and the date when it was first published . In this fast evolving field of renewable energy even 6 months can make a substantial difference. Also don't bother quoting Lord Monckton or Jo Nova because I won't bother to read them.

There are plenty of people properly qualified that can present the true picture.

Mark Diesendorf, formerly Professor of Environmental Science at the University of Technology, Sydney and a principal research scientist with CSIRO has summarised some of the benefits of onshore wind farms as follows.[73] A wind farm, when installed on agricultural land, has one of the lowest environmental impacts of all energy sources:
  • It occupies less land area per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of electricity generated than any other energy conversion system, apart from rooftop solar energy, and is compatible with grazing and crops.
  • It generates the energy used in its construction in just 3 months of operation, yet its operational lifetime is 20–25 years.
  • Greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution produced by its construction are very tiny and declining. There are no emissions or pollution produced by its operation.
  • In substituting for load following natural gas plants [...] wind power produces a net decrease in greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution, and a net increase in biodiversity.
  • Large wind turbines are almost silent and rotate so slowly (in terms of revolutions per minute) that they are rarely a bird strike hazard.