PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is EU Operational Suitability Data (OSD) Fit for Purpose?
Old 21st Dec 2017, 10:57
TeeS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought I would stir this subject up again as I'm falling foul of the problems highlighted by EESDL on both types I fly,instruct and test on.

EC135 - I'm current on T1 (CDS and CPDS/FCDS), T2, T2i and T3(H) [the helionix version] and one of my customers would quite like me to work on their T3 (CPDS) - I'm fairly sure there isn't a difference on the T3 (CPDS/FCDS) that I haven't covered on the other variants; however, Airbus feel I need another 3 hours groundschool and 1 hour of flight training to cover what?

EC145 - Again, I'm current on EC145T2 and need a differences course for the EC145 (BK117C2) - the OSD requires differences training consisting of 12 hours ground school (I think I can get away without the 17 hours of FCDS, Helionix [on a 117C2??], AFCS and FMS/NMS) and 4.5 hours of flight training - to learn that the cockpit looks like an EC135, it has manual throttles and no fenestron; no reduction at all for thousands of hours flying the same cockpit and autopilot around!

Please EASA - let the National Authorities know that they can allow reductions from the OSD where experience on similarly equipped types can show an equivalent level of safety.

Rant over. TeeS

Last edited by TeeS; 21st Dec 2017 at 12:59. Reason: Corrected 'types' to 'variants'