PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruiting
Thread: BA Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 04:38
bunnygirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree lieintheshadows..

I thoroughly enjoy working for BA at EF/LGW, and have done for the past 5 years....its gone through a lot of changes, some good some not so good. But have to say that when other airlines were laying off, after 9/11 BA didn't. They offered various options under their Business Response schemes etc...

Having come to BA from one of the worlds largest charter airlines, I have to say that for me personally, it was the best move I have made. The money is not as good as it once was, and you do work hard...10hour 15 duty day, a minimum 12 hour rest somewhere followed by another 10hour 15 duty day (and 3 sectors crammed into that!). However, every so often you get a single sector to say Naples the whole day there and back the next day. And at EF/LHR you get to spend time in LCA/ATH etc....which in my charter days was a night flight and back (sometimes 3 on the trot!!) These trips are, to me, what working for BA is all about.

And the crews are the most friendly and welcoming I have come across.

So basically, if you are umming and ahhing, its not that the grass is greener but its a different shade of green.

Good Luck to anyone who applies, and I can assure those of you who are successful, you will be made very welcome on line