PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circling approach
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2001, 13:13
gaunty

4Dogs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">As much as I hate them, it is the planning, practice and pucker factor that drives the discipline to get them right. But there is a big difference between respect and fear - find a way to get rid of the latter in favour of the former.</font>
Ouch !! touche mon ami, a truly valid point, but I do recognise the fear factor

To achieve that to which you so succintly observe, I guess in the end it comes down to resources. As you would be well aware the ad hoc nature of corporate and charter ops usually involves sometimes once off only visits to some really odd places that may be quite routine to others. Other than seek local knowledge and if you have the time, set it up in a simulator, which in Oz is majorly difficult if not impossible, you usually have to make a time driven go no go call on available resources. I suspect the decision I would make today would be different to that I would have made a decade ago. Advancing age seems to bring an increasing level of wussdom

I guess what I am rambling on about here was brought home to me in relation to the recent Gulfstream accident in Aspen, whilst not necessarily the scenario under discussion here, has the Human Factors similarities of which we speak.