PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Dec 2017, 11:24
Rookie4711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rookie4711
I applied this summer via McGinley for APC, email one day after application, phonecall another few days later and assessment one week after the phone call. Typerating started late summer and now I am done with base training and waiting for linetraining (no idea how long we have to wait).
My advice for the assessment: study this forum, the official briefing package and know the SOPs and profiles, know everything about your previous MEP, the B737, Ryanair itself and about your own profile (strengths & weaknesses and examples where you did what and why, why should they hire you, why Ryanair etc.)
You should also be able to basically handle the 737 sim e.g. how to fly a SID / airwork / raw data ILS, basic briefings, nav setup skills and navtech chart knowledge. They also look for good english skills and if you are able to become a captain within the next 4 years.
Update: we finished a couple of weeks ago and the first one of our group is now rostered for linetraining (even got a base next to his hometown). Others still waiting though. I think 4 months are extreme cases and the average waiting time might be 1-3 months right now. But the waiting time is also different for everyone and might change every month...