PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 11:58
DR93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aircloudsky
Hi guys, wanna give a quick field report on the preliminary interview done in Malaysia on the 16th.
I was in the 4pm batch. The interviews for the 2pm batch ran abit late, so by the time my batch started it was way past 4pm. When you enter the premises, you will be given a questionnaire to fill in. It contains many of the questions that we had to fill in when we first applied. Me and the boys reckon they are trying to catch us out if we lied in our initial application.

After waiting for a bit you will be called out to have your height measured, and then you proceed to wait a bit more. Next comes the document verification stage. Bring every single thing that was requested of in the email, as they will go through each and every document thoroughly. After that you will be given a notice form informing you of your bond and repayment obligation if you are chosen. Also you can put your preference for either SIA, SilkAir or Cargo.

Next you will be directed to wait outside one of the interview rooms (there are a few).

Now on to the meat of the issue, the interview itself. My first question was tell me about yourself. I'm sure everyone has rehearsed their answers by now. Then, it's why do you want to be a pilot. So far so good. As you answer your questions, they will draw the following questions from your answers, so if you are smart about it, you can predict what they will be asking and prepare around it. As I came from a engineering background with some work experience, they asked me about that, and how is it related to the aviation industry.

I don't think I did too well, as they were very insistent on gauging your passion for aviation in general. I was asked to tell them something about airplanes. I chose to describe about the engines and they followed up with questions like: tellbus how.many stages are there in the compressor, what is the exhaust temperature etc. I was able to answer most of them but they will jump on any hesistation/wrong answers, saying if you are as passionate about aviation as you say, why do you not know this and that. It might have been a tactic to see how you respond under pressure or a genuine question, but I hope it's the former heh.

At the end of the interview they will ask you if you have any questions, And that's it!. I forgot to ask them when will we know if we pass/fail, so if any bros here can chime in, that would be much appreciated. Feel free to ask me anything.
Same situation, unable to answer some of the geography questions and they said my reply is too vague and not in depth. They were continuously provoking and make you feel like you're not up to their expectation. I was asked to go to the interview room just beside the waiting room. My interviewer was a chinese and the other looked like a north indian guy.