PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 10:26
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lekke,

No MM, I am not missing the point at all. What I am saying is that instead of this you-don't-know-the-difference-between-warning-and-caution bickering, we should rather realise that the aeroplane is trying to tell us something.
There are only 2 options. Either the box of tricks is lying or it is for real.
This is where the VMC daylight thing comes into play. Look out the window and see for yourself whether this is the case or not! If it is lying, ignore it.
If you can't see, you have no option but to trust the computer.
If it is speaking the truth, maybe the first thing we should realise is that the links of the PJ-chain have already started holding hands. Just correcting flight path or configuration is not going to save us.
So why didn’t you just say that? Instead of posting quite frankly a facetious and idiotic set of circumstances....go and read what I’ve posted previously about this cockup, I’m firmly in the camp of fly the aeroplane properly and be prepared which includes on a night like the one highlighted “looking out the window”.
Putting my bum in the seat for a second, if I’d have got a caution..warning or what ever GPWS related, the approach would have been binned into JFK, simples, sod the chain and all the rest of the simpleton psycho speak, fly away and have another go. It’s not hard.