PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 00:21
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogma

Paaalease... it’s a great concern. But let’s not forget the job is harder than ever with poorly designed systems, less crew, less training and more frequent fatigue...
Don't even try to insinuate for one second that i want to simply blame the crew. I know by own experience that there is more company trash to it than we can even describe on here. But for just one second put yourself in the position of a simple appendicitis patient wheeled into an emergency room. You would at the very least expect the night shift surgeon to be able to execute this since some 50 years basic procedure without any notable side effects. Right? Or you'd sue him big time! You would not take any excuse like long working hours, stupid management, inadequate training as relevant for your law suit -> and rightfully so. The hospital, health care system and the politicians should look after adequate training, service and qualification, after all you are paying for that crap, aren't you?

Now compare this with this quite routine approach into JFK by a self proclaimed legacy carrier and its equally proud pilots.

Very little room for excuses, unfortunately.

I expect the same professionalism and intolerance to the level of failure of the health care system, legal system and reigning political system, wherever i am, if they expect the same level of respect and by that renumeration as they allow me.

But by that, i have to deliver on my own job. If we can no longer deliver, we have to stand up and say so immediately, irrespective of the consequences.
On our level of responsibility, there is little room for excuses or blaming others in the aftermath.

I know a lot companies in this region play with that and shove down on us their inadequacy, accompanied with the threat and fear factor, simply because they can and it suits their profits.

It's unfortunately up to us to resist, and i admit it's difficult. But we have to.