PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde, G-BOAB I think......
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2017, 10:20
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExSp33db1rd
There's a nice one - sorry, forgot rego' BAOD maybe ? - on display in New York, part of the USN Entrepid aircraft carrier museum on the West side near pier 42 where the 'round-the-island' cruise starts from. Visits on board can be purchased, tho' it was closed when I visited. Kept in good nick.
Not sure of the tail number but we saw her, in fact we paid just a little bit extra and had the guided tour inside her - not only that but I was allowed to clamber into the cockpit and sat in the rh seat! What a fabulous experience it was for me as a very interested observer over the years. Was surprised how small and ‘tight’ everything was. I sit here typing still grinning about it.

Never had the opportunity or money to actually go on a flight, but my interest came about from watching the title sequence to those ‘Whicker’s World’ programmes in the 70’s - so much so that I wrote to the great man himself simply addressing the envelope to ‘Alan Whicker, Channel Islands’ asking how they managed to film the title sequence - especially the ‘frozen’ end shot of him walking beside the runway and a Concorde taking off beside him. A couple of weeks later he wrote a very nice letter back explaining it all. Dead chuffed, still have the letter.