PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 19:25
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakutteh
Tuning the ILS13L can help but it will bring lots of other problems before you hit short finals on the slot.

Before getting into the slot on short finals you would get all kinds of ILS deviation warnings or glideslope warnings which will be a great distaction. Besides, some airlines require long explanations for ignoring GPWS glideslope warnings. And if you have a very anal aussie pm( pilot monitoring ), he would insist you go around at the first hint of glideslope warnings...
I've sure had Ozmate pm's before.

And speaking of raw data, were these guys shooting a VOR approach using a non-approved in-house RNAV profile (either the non-approved AR RNAV-X or the canceled by notam RNAV Visual 13L) in the box? Is VOR data displayed in the A380 in this case?

I'm not questioning the nav accuracy of a modern plane but since the FAA is taking a look, is this legal? I've questioned similar kludges in the past but been assured that as long as you can monitor raw data to insure compliance it is OK.

Also, did the crew get an EGWPS warning before or after the tower controller alerted them to the low altitude?