PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK PPL Revalidation Check Ride
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 17:56
Boeing100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Level Attitude
I am not sure what is meant by "the French aviation authority (DGAC) have converted my license into EASA standards"?
You either have an EASA Licence, or you do not.
Do you now have a French issued EASA Licence? Or a French issued JAR Licence that they say they can convert to an EASA Licence.

Both Licence and Medical need to have been issued by the same State. I would, therefore, assume your CAA issued Medical does not render your French issued Licence valid - You would need to wait until you receive your UK issued Licence to exercise the privileges.

As you hold a French issued Licence, your SEP Renewal Proficiency Check would need to be conducted by a French (or French approved) Examiner.

Although there maybe (and, indeed, should be) some commonality, all the good advice you have received re SRG1157, etc is not relevant as this is UK specific.

Please ask your French ATO for advice on what is required to pass a French Proficiency Check.
I will give some more color on this in case it can help others in a similar situation.

My license was JAR, the French authority has converted it to EASA standards. I now have a French issued EASA license.

I spoke multiple times to both the CAA and the French Authority. What will happen is that I will send form SRG 1136 which is for the "change of competent authority for issue of pilot's license or associated rating". In the same envelop I will send the examiners report for my skills test, SRG 1199 to show that I have passed english Level 6, and SRG 1119C for the renewal of my SEP rating , and finally my course completion certificate signed by the head of the FTO here in the UK.

The CAA when they receive this will contact the French authority and ask them to transfer over my license to them. Once done they will re-validate the SEP rating under the new CAA license using the documentation I sent them.

This process was confirmed as valid both by the CAA (I spoke to two different people who said the same thing) and the French Authority.