PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK PPL Revalidation Check Ride
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 14:37
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeing100
* I had a JAR PPL that I acquired in France about 10 years ago, haven't flown since due to multiple reasons.
*I have contacted the French aviation authority (DGAC) and they have converted my license into EASA standards.
*I have passed my Class 2 medical in the UK and now have a CAA ref number.
* I have completed my training prior to this check ride"at an approved FTO. I flew with two different instructors who are both comfortable that I am now ready to take the check ride.

once I pass, I will send the CAA the appropriate forms to transfer my french EASA license over to the CAA.
I am not sure what is meant by "the French aviation authority (DGAC) have converted my license into EASA standards"?
You either have an EASA Licence, or you do not.
Do you now have a French issued EASA Licence? Or a French issued JAR Licence that they say they can convert to an EASA Licence.

Both Licence and Medical need to have been issued by the same State. I would, therefore, assume your CAA issued Medical does not render your French issued Licence valid - You would need to wait until you receive your UK issued Licence to exercise the privileges.

As you hold a French issued Licence, your SEP Renewal Proficiency Check would need to be conducted by a French (or French approved) Examiner.

Although there maybe (and, indeed, should be) some commonality, all the good advice you have received re SRG1157, etc is not relevant as this is UK specific.

Please ask your French ATO for advice on what is required to pass a French Proficiency Check.