PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 14:05
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we can all agree that there appears to be a trend here. The incidents (that I'm aware of at least and that are under discussion) are really too similar to say otherwise. If there is a trend, then the cause(s) must be organizational. Is it training, culture, recruitment, morale, equipment, procedures etc. or some combination? The thing is; if it's more than one pilot/incident, it's not a factor of some rogue pilot going out there and screwing up in a vacuum and it's not going to be fixed by disciplining the individuals involved in the incidents. The levers of ALL of those potential "root causes" are pulled by the management of the airline and unless the "root cause" is lax checking standards (which I highly doubt), simply "turning up the heat" isn't going to do a damn thing.

It's ironic that EK management is so quick pat themselves on the back when things go well yet they absolutely refuse to accept any responsibility when things go wrong - and I'm talking about the very top management! Can't have it both ways.

To be honest, I've been gone quite a while and I'm surprised that it's taken this long to come to this.

Last edited by Gillegan; 16th Dec 2017 at 14:29. Reason: Punctuation