PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 12:27
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rotate too late
Whoah there mister rose tinted specs! Whilst I’m sure your back in the day rant has traction at the base you’ve occupied for god knows how long, feel free to get up to speed you angry little man.
You proudly assert that’s its cops who had the idea along with input from a couple of aviators, oversimplification I think. UEO’s? What, the same ones that were never there and got the PC’s do the donkey work or piss off back to division?
You remember division don’t you? Where real Police work happens. Mention being returned to unit and watch a TFO literally **** themselves. You’ve feathered your nest alright, now stand and shout from the sidelines that it’s buggered.
GENIUS.
I’m just waiting for the right job and I’m gone, not because of the job, but because mis guided pilot wannabes that created their cushy little world and will defend till death.

RTL, as this is a mostly anonymous forum, it is difficult to know exactly what experience a poster has, and assumptions are all to easy to reinforce when you find what you are looking for.

I don't think I have ever met Tigerfish, but I can't be sure. I'm confident that I've never met you, but can't be sure.

What I am sure about, is that your opinion of the Police in Police Air Support is based on narrow recent exposure to perhaps one or two units.

Those of us lucky enough to have sat alongside members of lots of different units, flying, working, eating and drinking with them, got a better feel for the overall measure of how the business worked.

Please don't taint everyone from Air Support in its golden years (1995-2010 imho) as being out of touch and no use at their job.

Senior Police officers have decided to allow the service to wither and die. That's not the fault of the cops or inspectors at the coal face.

I had to resolve an issue caused by a police officer who committed an offence, causing damage to the air support asset of another force. I didn't then decide that all of his force, or even all of his ASU were a danger, it was one guy, who was indeed sent back to his division, to shake hands with padlocks on the cold dark nights.

There were, and probably still are, some really good guys out there, but they are not the people in charge of this clusfertuck called NPAS.