PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crazy cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 11:42
Soul planet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazy cabin crew?

facebook [dot] com/cxsecret/posts/1580405972037637

Written either by a crazy cc or mgmt trying to divide?

cx secrets

Post 1)
CX Pilots get 20% for their retirement P-fund contribution by the company; while Cabin Crew Only get 10%! Many Cabin Crew will retire broke and poor! CX helps the rich Pilots get richer while the poor Cabin Crew are just ignored! Many Cabin Crew are too short sighted to see this and are even concerned about why level-D Captains don't get their 13th Month ex-gratia bonus. Don't be silly Cabin Crew - you should be more worried about your own future than Pilots who earn more than $100K per month. It has nothing got to do with respect , principle or all those poetic words - it's one word : MONEY!

Post 2)
"Recently there’s a thread on Yammer that has gone viral – a bunch of our pilots gone crazy about the company not awarding 13th month bonus to employees who are level D +
Let’s just say, looking at the annual report, it seems a majority of our Captains are probably getting salary of min 1M+ if not up to the 5M range (around 2,500+ flight crews in this range). This is back in 2015 so could be even higher now.
My question/comment is,

1. There’s a lot of level D, level E and our executives without this 13th month bonus, who have at least 2 times more work due to restructure and less headcounts. They haven’t been complaining about not getting bonuses. Are you being too big about yourself that you feel that this is pure discrimmination against the pilot group? When the company went through restructure, firing 900 colleagues, I didn’t hear you say there were discrimination against the pilot group.

2. According to the 2016 annual report, Tom, our director, gets around 6M of compensation, which I have to say, is not very far from our top paying pilots. Back in 2015, he was only getting 1.9M – when there were 1,583 flight crews getting 2M+… maybe the level D pilots who are complaining can shed light on your actual salary + allowance package please?

3. With a salary of around 1M+ a year, you are complaining about not getting a bonus to the extend that the level A/B/C should get less? The current cap is at 35k and you want that to decrease so that you get your extra bonus? If I had your salary of 1-2M, I am fine with giving up a bonus of 35k! Are you not also neglecting the importance of all the level A/B/C? Plus, after restructure, your job nature remains the same. You have minimal impact when compared to office staff. Do not use your previledged salary and compensation to complain against the rest of the folks. It is as though the king is complaining about not getting his caviar for dinner when there’s beggars on the street begging for their lives. Just pathetic.

4. Our captains, are supposed to be our leaders – the most senior person of the ship. Can you not show some leadership, like many of the office level D staff have shown and accept that you do not get a bonus this year? Do you not think after going through restructure it is hard enough for the office level Ds and they need compensation too? But hey they are not complaining, and I know for the reason that they know how difficult the company situation is indeed is. No one wants to make a loss and everyone is working hard to turn this over. If you are not able to stick through during the hard time and give up your bonus of 35k capped, then obviously all you are here is for the money so stop saying how you have stuck through with the company in the past many years.
"