PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victor/Canberra collision near Marham, 1968.
Old 15th Dec 2017, 17:25
boxtopnav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Menorcaman08
I was surprised and delighted to find this post. I knew Jack briefly in the 1960s because he married into a family (the Birds) I was friendly with. His wife was Cindy (Cynthia) Bird and we had been quite close friends. I also knew her 2 sisters, Pat and Susan and her brother, Eric as well as his mother and father. Both Eric and his father 'Dickie' were also in the RAF. I also remember Jack's daughter Samantha. She was tiny bless her when Jack died.

I remember the tragic crash clearly but it's only relatively recently that I realised it was over Holt. I lived close by in Norwich for 10 years without knowing that. I lost contact with the family around 25 - 30 years ago because of personal marital issues and I would love to know how Samantha, Susan and Pat are all doing. Sadly, Cindy died quite young as well after a second marriage and 2 further children. Eric died too. I don't think either of Cindy's parents can be alive.

If you get this message and have any information, please get in touch. I'd be happy to tell you anything else I can remember.
I am a retired RAF C130 Nav. I met the Bird Family when I was an officer cadet in 1970 at RAF Henlow. I have stayed in touch ever since. I was an Usher at Cindy's wedding to Tim Jones in 1970 and met Cindy a number of times over the years prior to her death. Both Cindy's parents have passed away but I am in contact with Pat. Sam is about 50 and has 2 girls. Sue also has a family. There are also two boys Alex and Matt as a result of Cindy's marriage to Tim Jones. A memorial service is to be held at St. Andrews church Holt on 19th August 2018 the 50th Anniversary of the mid-air collision.