PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect ZK aircraft to now be VH registered
Old 14th Dec 2017, 22:27
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
Easy morno. I hope to see Jetconnect crew offered full employment in Qantas. That would likely result in a pay rise and significantly better future options than they have currently. Of course that may not be on their current fleet or base but hey, that applies equally to hundreds of current Qantas pilots too.
I'd hazard a guess most guys and gals at Jetconnect are at Jetconnect because of their current base. Moving bases for many will not be an option for family and other reasons.

I can't see some (probably most) of them wanting to live in Aussie, which it would appear to be the only other option.

Pay rises and better future options won't even come into it. Take that from someone who has been there.

For Australian based Qantas pilots there is always the possibility to return to a base given time but for the Jetconnect guys and girls if there is no New Zealand basing then there is never going to be that option.