PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 20:54
Lonewolf_50

Received 433 Likes on 273 Posts
George, it seems to me bad form to blast Brat for speculation when you are engaging in the same -- see JTO's pointing that out to you -- regardless of your past linkage to the program. (The last direct contact I had was about 14 years ago).
The program isn't canceled. It's going ahead. I find it amusing that the journalistic fury that got a book like the Pentagon Paradox published still didn't stop the F-18, which aircraft has served pretty well and continues to serve pretty well.

Of what value is your getting shirty with brat about the myriad stumbles the program has had? (My pet "you have to be kidding me!" moment was the original mess with the 'oops, it doesn't work' tail hook for carrier ops ).
You are coming off like one of the never listening V-22 critics who act as though it's still 2002.
Wake up, George. The year is 2017, the FY is 2018, and this (very expensive) aircraft is going forward. Those in the program will try to make the best of it, as did the F-18 folks over 30 years ago in the face of considerable push back for that aircraft.

That the Canadians can't afford the F-35, or don't like the price tag, is disappointing but that's real life. Sometimes, things don't work out as you hoped they would. I don't blame the Canadians for their reticence given the cost.