PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 13:50
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
Interesting article on p6 of The Australian, Thursday 14/12.
This is one for all you "The End of Coal is Nigh" enthusiasts, who are quite happy to see Australia de-industrialised.
The report is from a group called Bank Track, which includes Friends of the Earth, Rain Forrest Action Network and others.

I quote: " ---- said that claims that coal was dead are wrong. It was still "far from down and out".

It detailed some $630Billion+ in a financing boom, with P.R China banks in the lead, US group Black Rock also being prominent.
It reported some 1600 new coal fired power generators, which sound like "in the ballpark" to me, as we know there are at least 299 in P.R. China alone.

The planned increase in capacity over present coal is put at 43%, given coal's present predominance, add 43%, that means coal is going to remain a big, even dominant, player in electricity generation for a long time yet.

Interestingly, Adani or the Adani Australia mine didn't rate a mention, probably because, in the big scheme of things, it is too small to register, at bit like Australia's contribution to global warming, too small to register, despite the carnage being caused by our "virtue signalling" energy cost/reliability disaster.
Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 17th Dec 2017 at 03:35. Reason: Date corrected