PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect ZK aircraft to now be VH registered
Old 14th Dec 2017, 13:27
morno

Received 319 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
Jog on Champ!
If you despise Qantas as much as it seems you do, then this doesn’t concern you!
I don’t despise Qantas, I actually enjoy flying them, sometimes.

I just don’t get Qantas pilots. Still stuck with your 1960’s seniority system and a lot (I won’t say all, there are some really down to earth guys there) think they are above everyone else in aviation in the country.

What would be wrong with promoting based upon merit, rather than purely who’s been there the longest?

As for the Jetconnect thing, if you’re apparently that short of pilots, then is the integration of some pilots from NZ in their current positions really going to create that much of a drama? It’s not like those guys went and applied for those jobs thinking “this is all going to fall over in 4 years time and I’m going to find myself in Qantas”. This would just be a bonus for them.

With the projected number of retirements coming up in Qantas I’m surprised at the fuss. You’re all going to get your commands, and if you’re smart about it, you’d be welcoming your Jetconnect cousins onboard and saying “here’s your number on the bottom of the pile, but you’re frozen in your current rank and fleet until you’re number is eligible to move”. Then they can keep their FO or Captain positions, and you can all move around them. There, problem solved!

Keg, I hope you all do integrate them into Qantas somehow. But I think I could be forgiven for seeing more of a “f*** off this is our airline and you’re in my job” attitude through some of the posts here.