PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 11:14
Rotate too late

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, it’s not a dig, but if you are dealing with a society that gives no quarter and accepts no compromise because they are the center of the universe (Facebook tells them that!) then there would be very serious questions to be asked regarding the use of assets post an incident where the outcome is open to question.
Are you seriously telling me that a chief constable would sit there a say, yep, no problem I’m happy to stand up a make a decision that could be interpreted as this part of the country does not deserve the same service as that part of the country.
Not very national I would suggest.
Helicopters should not be in the hands of the police. The SAR model or the air ambulance model where an aircraft is effectively leased to the organisation proves there are better ways.
Every moment that the HQ in Wakefield spend on trying to get this “new”(seven years) organisation on track within the constraints placed upon it is time distracted from frontline policing.
So let’s admit, accept it hasn’t worked and take the time to re plan, reassess and start anew, no blame, just do it properly.
Meh.