PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2017, 23:49
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MaxR, I think that you have misunderstood what caused me to say what I did. Believe me as a rural bobby and later a Rural Sgt, nothing would please me more to see the rural communities getting the quick cover they pay taxes for! But we must live life as it is.
NPAS has liquidated over a third of the air support assets, 32 down to 19 aircraft, and a similar number of the bases.
I really do believe that NPAS is now in terminal decline, so if anything is to be salvaged from the ashes, then those that will have to effect the re-build, will have to cope with what remains. That means living in the real world and basing the remaining assets in the locations of greatest demand. That does not mean for one minute that if another Hungerford, or other serious incident occurred they would not attend, - of course not. But initially, not as a routine responsibility. Then as the recognition of the value of real operational Air support returns, then the new body can start to re build itself closer to what is a true Police National Air Support Service.

We can not give up on this. Too much blood toil and tears were spent in the early years to give up now. Besides who wants to let the criminal win?

TF

Last edited by tigerfish; 14th Dec 2017 at 08:09.