PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2017, 22:05
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Thorn Bird- I just thought that I would demonstrate for you what true cowardice looks like courtesy of your "mates" at aunty Their little desk jockey P2 who can be found on this thread under the name Sarcs, not being content to push the pilot as victim line has now taken to attacking the F/O for taking controlled rest and not telling the "Captain" how much fuel he should take.

The first officer recalled that the flight from Norfolk Island to Apia had taken 3 hours 16 minutes, and the return flight was expected to take 30 minutes longer due to the headwinds..."

Hmm...so why didn't the FO challenge the Captain and ask for a review of his fuel calculations and reasoning for not refilling the tip tanks? Especially when you consider that the FO was the designated PF and therefore technically ICUS.
This is the problem with desk jockeys when they start using terms that they have no idea of what they mean. The F/O is technically the F/O! Just being the PF does not automatically mean you are ICUS FFS. The PIC may be PM for the sector but at all times is the PIC. Also for the benefit of numpties like P2 as PM he was responsible for all communications. He was also responsible for the conduct of the controlled rest on the flight deck IAW the Pelair manuals. So when the F/O was taking controlled rest our "pilot as victim" was PF,PM and as always PIC! Get that through your thick skull desk jockey!

Quote from page 23:

..As the first officer had not flown the leg from Apia to Norfolk Island before, the captain asked her if she would like to be the pilot flying. The first officer agreed...

After contemplating all of the above I have to keep pinching myself that the FO was the PF for this flight. Personally I always saw a FO pilot flying leg as an opportunity to display your aptitude and ability for a future command upgrade. Therefore I find it quite reprehensible that the FO saw fit to make an ICUS decision to take a non-compliant 'cockpit nap'.

The command aptitude aside, just consider that if the FO had of been compliant with the FRMS 'crew nap' conditions that she may just have heard the 0801 exchange and therefore may have questioned and discussed the mixed weather messages received from Nadi. This may have led to Nadi discovering the MIA 0739 SPECI & 0803 AMD TAF and (as they say) all this would be history...
So the entire episode is the F/O's fault! If that is your personal view then like your good mate Lead Balloon (aka Creampuff) you know absolutely nothing about anything going on forward of the cockpit bulkhead. In case you missed my point the PIC is responsible for the entire flight and as PM is responsible for all communications.

To blame the F/O is the mark of a true coward so what say you now thorn bird? Interesting that that other numpty, Karryon, seems to have lost control of his own website. First he ditches his good mate Gobbledock now he lets his seriously out of touch mate P2 start sprouting accusations that the entire accident was the F/O's fault for not being Captain enough! Oh the irony

No wonder the F/O hasn't spoken publically. The "pilot as victim" as far as I am aware has never acknowledged that the F/O was seriously injured and also has never acknowledged that a flight, he was in Command of, led to the serious injury of the flight nurse.

As far as I am aware the only injury he suffered was that of reputation. He has been flying over the past few years but as an F/O. Many pilots who have been Captains or have had the opportunity for command have found themselves in the RHS for an extended period of time. I have seen it in every airline I have flown for,its not unusual yet this bloke thinks its a conspiracy. Lets hope the time in the RHS has given him an insight into the responsibilities and conduct of a PIC. From what I have read recently though I have my doubts.

As for that other website I am not surprised that it has degenerated, from an already low base, into a space where desk jockeys run free to make uninformed statements and observations about things they have very little experience of. You should hang your head in shame Karryon.