PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect ZK aircraft to now be VH registered
Old 13th Dec 2017, 20:37
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Rated De. My understanding is that with the changes to the EK schedule, the issue Jetconnect faces is the inability to roster their ZK airframes. I don't think they any issues with rostering their crews efficiently if they have access to a wider number of airframes.

So it's possible to roster the Jetconnect crews, they'd just get appalling airframe utilisation. Solution? Let them fly VH airframes where QF is able to integrate and schedule them more efficiently across the wider network.

I should point out that I bear no ill will toward Jetconnect crew. Having been through similar times of uncertainty in 23 years in QF I understand completely the way that these sorts of issues impact on family, work, etc.

The issue though is that having had 'lack of efficiency' used against me and my colleagues a number of times over the years as the reason to do us over you'll pardon my cycnicism and frustration when I see Jetconnect structural problems being used as a reason for QF to move heaven and earth to retain the cheaper business unit.

I have colleagues and friends who have been waiting for 16 years and are still 5ish years away from a 737 command where they live on the east coast. What is the time to command in Jetconnect? Two years? Speaks volumes.