PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Income Tax
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2017, 20:30
Avionker

Received 162 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by newt
Could you be any more patronising?

Do you live in Scotland? If so you had your chance to vote. If you don’t , and I don’t believe you do, then why does it concern you?

The people of Scotland voted the SNP into power in democratic elections. At the next Holyrood elections the people of Scotland will decide who is fit to form the Scottish government, and quite frankly the way Brexit is been handled I would not be surprised if the SNP retained their mandate.

Yes I live in Scotland and voted to remain so maybe you would like to adjust your post Avionker!
Fine, you live in Scotland, therefore it does concern you. Had you lived in Norfolk, which I thought you did, it would not.

The Scottish government were elected by the people of Scotland. Assuming you voted in the Holyrood elections you took part in the democratic process that saw the SNP elected. Obviously not the result you wanted but that’s democracy.

I think it’s safe to say that you feel that the democratically elected Scottish Government do not reflect your views and beliefs? Not a nice feeling is it?

That feeling of not been represented by the democratically elected government is what the majority of the Scottish people have suffered for years, with regards to the U.K. government. That is what brought the SNP to prominence in Scottish politics.

As to your point about voting to remain. Did I ask about that? No I didn’t.

It does puzzle me though why, as a resident of Scotland, you would suggest an end to the Barnett formula? If it is beneficial to Scotland it is beneficial to you surely? Seems a bit like cutting off ones nose to spite ones face. It might even lead to a rise in Scottish income tax rates...