PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Freighter contract coming to an end?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2017, 16:51
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi RK,

Yes, I'm quite aware that the IRS taxes worldwide income, and it isn't one of "a few" countries that do, it's one of only two - the other being Eritrea. That's some good company to be in there, mate. But it doesn't support an argument that lots of non-Americans at EK are dying to work in the US. If the US is home, sure, it's a no-brainer. For a non-native, the downside of the high wages would be...having to live in the US. Even my close American family and friends freely admit that it hasn't quite been Made Great Again yet.

I do clearly recall a massive influx of Americans into the ME not that many years ago, due to the almost comically poor conditions at the regionals in the US. I was just poking fun at poor little Bubba's short memory. Trying to put down EK wages when a few years ago his countrymen were begging to join en masse is kinda funny. It's good for everyone that the pendulum is swinging the other way now.

I'm not entirely sure why Bubba trolls the ME forums. Perhaps his own failure/rejection still stings? Are there non-Americans who hang out in the US forums doing the same? I dunno.

Apologies for the thread drift. I did attempt to steer it back to to the EK freighter question but no bites...?