PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yammer, then HAMMER !
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 23:22
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading all the eloquent and heartfelt posts on Yammer, clearly demonstrating that the problem lies with our management. Most of the posts conclude by stating that the management need to 'listen' and then act on the concerns of the pilots. Well, I hate to pop everyone's bubble, but that is the ONE thing they won't be doing. At the moment they are in their corporate bomb shelter waiting for the storm to pass. The only thing that will force them to enact positive change is if the operation begins to suffer, and the public and government both react negatively. Our management has an institutional inability to offer any benefit or increase in conditions to their pilots. The only way that will change is if they are forced to. That is why I believe that the best option for most is to conclude that the option of a good career at CX is closed. Many have left, and many more are in the process. In the meantime, take action to do your own part in sending a REAL message. One that they can't ignore. Parked aircraft and angry passengers. THAT is what will begin to turn this aviation equivalent of the Titanic around. This management has sent us countless surveys, with the most appalling results rendered. They have not listened to a one. In fact, this past weeks message from the Chairman stated that "to win with our customers we need to win with our people". Well, the first thing they did after that was the 13th month debacle. So you can see that what needs changing is their mindset, and that will ONLY happen when they begin to suffer corporately and publicly. Until then, they will blame (and attack) us, and keep raising their own pay and bonuses. Each and every individual needs to take action to ensure they suffer that pain. Otherwise, it's all just words.