PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 22:09
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the rest will be giving the minimum contractually agreed amount of notice and not a day more.
Whilst making certain people very wealthy and generating a lot of copy cat business for Freehills, the grounding and lockout broke trust between the employee and employer.

Mr Joyce and Mr Clifford are the darlings of the right wing, showing those unions. Those unions are nobbled and the domestic roll out of Jetconnect doesn't even bother to stop for directions from the union, it is by-passed. A spent force.

Qantas domestic pilots were grounded and locked out when not involved. Strangely Jetconnect and Jetstar were not.

A whole wheelbarrow of weasel words and faux recognition may, according to people like Todd Samson, sway the masses to join the company direction. My strongly held view is that most people remember all too well that day in October 2011. Most employees understand all too well the results of speaking out publicly. An adversarial system is brimming with tools to tackle those who challenge.

As I have stated, one CEO and board take the business down, make people redundant and drive thorough reductions. They then parachute out. A board then inserts a CEO to circuit break and business continues.

In the criminal code, convicted of a dishonesty offence renders a person unable to be a trustworthy witness. Whilst their actions are carefully constructed to be lawful, I suspect that as long as that board and management are there trust can never really be restored.

With accelerating retirement rates those pilots affected will politely refuse to be drawn into a conversation and comply with the minimum their contract obliges. That is something the Mr O Leary is grappling with. As troppo pointed out Mr Joyce is out of tricks.