PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal SWO stories out there.......
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 16:30
johnboy357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JC, I had the pleasure too

Who was his CPL at the time?

QUOTE=pamac51;6470636]I had the 'pleasure' of knowing this loon at Innsworth and Brawdy - he was the FS IC RSDR prior to his promotion to WO and posting to Brawdy as SWO in 1976/77. Prior to his posting he made me an offer of spending 28 days in his cells but 'as he was due at Brawdy on Monday he didn't have time for it'!!! My oppo lived next to him in MQs and it would appear that his family (wife + 2 daughters) had to live with the square bashing shouting that went on all the time in his 'leisure hours'. I was more than delighted to see him promoted and posted - he really would have had me enjoying his hospitality in the RSDR had he stayed at Inns.

Three months later I was called in to the Sqn Cdr's office and told I was promoted and posted to .....Brawdy! My initial thoughts were to turn it down but promotion in my trade was few and far between in those days so I kept my counsel and trusted that he would have forgotten about me in the intervening 4 months. Unfortunately this was not the case and he made my life somewhat uncomfortable for the next 12 months - eg on CO's Inspection when CO was doing his rounds the SWO would sidle up to me and whisper lovingly in my ear 'I remember you' which of course made me so happy that I had made such an imprint on his mind!!

He impressed the Stn exec so much at Brawdy that they moved him out of the Guardroom in the centre of the Station and put him and his equally obnoxious Cpl GD in an old disused Barrack Block away from the main areas of human habitation.

I have got to say that a small frisson of joy crossed my mind when I heard that he had popped his clogs at Newton - most SWOs in those days were old wartime aircrew - he was not - just a bully and an eejit.

His Cpl - with a name that had a connection with old sheep meat - was a dithering fool when the SWO was not around - but if he had the SWO by his side he was just as bad.[/QUOTE]