PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 60 Years Ago Today
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 09:27
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Oh dear .. the Darwin Travelodge .. no, we really shouldn't go there ... no-one would believe the stories, in any case.

More than a few people were lost track of by the crewing system on Darwin (and Perth) overnights ... some folk were forgotten for days at a time, especially for the wombat chaps who did quite a bit of crewing one way and paxing the other (this is noted only to make the post relevant to the thread).

There were more than a few occasions where Mrs X would ring crewing to check on hubby's expected return from an extended tour .. only to be told, quizzically, that he was at home. As far as I know, all such unfortunate instances were resolved without recourse to divorce and other unpleasantness.

Ah, Darwin ..... (eyes glaze over whilst gazing wistfully into the depths of the port) ...

or maybe came off

I am reminded of a most memorable overnight (the gist of which I heard about somewhere else, of course) and the stunning entrance of a local (then GA) pilot mate at the party ..... sometimes I wonder what young Bob is up to these days as I lost track of him years ago when he went O/S to fly big birds.