PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 07:15
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320.b744
This is very good news for travellers to the Isle of Man. The current offering from BHD is pathetic, and based on passenger numbers there is a lot more demand on the route than there currently are seats. easyJet will also bring affordable prices to the route, as Eastern/Flybe prices are extortionate. The use of a 'proper' aircraft will also entice leisure travellers. I predict this route will do very well, and will be increased to x3/x4 weekly very soon.
I'd struggle to understand how a twice weekly flight is such a massive improvement to a a 'pathetic' daily service, nor how EZY's aircraft are 'proper'..... I'd say has wings, wheels, seats, pilots, cabin crew??? It's a tiny island 35 mins away, it's not like BE are asking the public to fly across the Atlantic in a J41. I do agree it's overpriced though, very much aimed at business and yes it could warrant double daily. If EZY knock BE off the route I can't see them offering anything close to that level of frequency and while it might suit leisure pax it won't really help the IOM in many respects.

All in all good news though, nice to see EZY firming its position, they seemed to hold out for a while with minimal new routes and just careful capacity increases, now FR are at a weak point they've pounced.