PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach to BNE today
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 05:31
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Mates Rates - Christ, dont try and use that logic on me if you ever fly with me!

The purpose of those words is more to cover the we predicted 15 kts and you got 10, or 25, NOT we stuck a tempo for TS on at 5pm local and it turned up at 6 am, so nah nah na nah nah its your fault.

I have no problems with interpreting TAFS and adjusting the fuel accordingly, in fact I do so all the time, I have often loaded TEMPO fuel on for an arrival that was scheduled a couple of hours before the forecast requirement and lo and behold the tempo came forward, but I have never, in more than 30 years of flying, including over 25 in command of multi crew aeroplanes, carried fuel for a requirement in the manner you describe.

It isnt practical on many aeroplanes and it isnt necessary, nor does it do anything to improve safety and it sure as hell isnt an economic thing to do.

It is my belief that our brief as pilots is the safe and efficient movement of aeroplanes and the people within - carrying fuel in the manner described satisfies neither of those elements in my opinion.

And I am not a "captain vapours" type person either before you have a crack at me.
I cannot see any post above blaming the BOM.

First, I agree 100% with the above quote.
The Tempo was forecast 2 hours after our arrival. All en-route possible alternates were CAVOK. i.e. Sydney, Coffs, Tamworth, Gold Coast etc etc etc. and they remained that way whilst we were en-route. Additionally we had sufficient fuel to either return to the Gold Coast OR as we did continue onto the Sunshine coast, so please explain why I would load a few more tonnes of fuel to satisfy your reading of a legal "cop out"?
Has common sense been completely replaced with platinum plated arse covering?

Last edited by RENURPP; 13th Dec 2017 at 00:42.