PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2003, 15:09
helislave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlenderPilot:

mental retardation...interesting point..

To confuse matters In the Aero Engineering industry, one works during the summer to gain experience, then afterwards goes for badly paid slave labour intern 'work experience' positions just to get a foot in...but is it not any different to working for free to get hours for pro helo pilot? Perhaps not so as expensive! But still

1. It didn't cost me the the same type of money to get my 4 year degree as it would my 9 month CPL(H), although i still owe the money for my degree.

2 I think the potential earnings are far higher earlier on for engineering, but it ain't as fun!

Hiro P:

A Neal Stephenson fan i see...love his books..now if i did IT then i wouldn't need to worry i'd just pay for myself and most likely work for free! But i ain't so i can't so i wouldn't!

EDIT

While i am here, and it's a little off topic, but do i understand correctly that a CPL(H) on average is around 140hrs, but in order to get a FI job, so you can start to earn money, you need 300hrs, but you can't get paid for the 'in between' 160 hours (if you did you'd be a lucky barstool)? Any clarification?