PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 02:47
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Killaroo
Airbubba, I suggest you drop your 'confirmation bias', re-read that statement S L O W L Y and try to see a different (the correct) meaning. Feel free to insert a comma somewhere, if it makes you happier.
Thanks for the correction, it was just a typo, no problem. Groucho Marx once shot an elephant in his pajamas. And most of my flying tales are based on a true story.

Still, I somehow think you've got me confused with someone else.

Originally Posted by Killaroo
What is interesting about your weasly denunciation is that you are obviously upset and embarrassed, and wish to make the truth about JFK ATC go away.
What did you think was my weasly [sic] denunciation? How am I upset and embarrassed? I honestly had no intent to make you feel threatened, paranoid or insecure. I'm not involved in a coverup about JFK ATC. Really.

I don't think I've said much at all here about JFK ATC except that they don't do those conditional takeoff clearances as far as I know.

However, it was good that the tower controller was watching and gave a couple of low altitude alerts to let the Emirates crew know something was wrong. EGPWS alerts are sometimes inhibited until very late on non-precision approaches due to configuration as one recent Airbus CFIT mishap at BHM showed.