PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 19:59
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berlin Tegel – Dusseldorf eff 07JAN18 2 daily (1 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Frankfurt eff 07JAN18 5 daily (4 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Munich eff 07JAN18 8 daily (5 on Saturdays, 6 on Sundays; 1 flight also scheduled on 05JAN18)
Berlin Tegel – Stuttgart eff 07JAN18 4 daily (3 on Saturdays)

I do not know the success, or not, of the plan, but I thought some years ago the German transport dept was urging pax to shift from aircraft to hi-speed trains for internal sectors: so much so that I thought you could even buy a through ticket on LH where the connecting sector to FRA or MUC, perhaps others, was by train and included in the ticket. Has that worked out, was it ever implemented? There are many routes, even UK, where a city centre- city centre train journey, with working and/or relaxing time, is highly preferable to a pain in the rear trip via 2 airports and all the ensuing stress and possible chaos and delays. If train companies got their ticket prices and overall pax experience sorted out they could stuff airlines on many routes. I used to wonder at the London centre guys who slogged it up to LTN or STN to then go through the mill and how to catch an ez or FR flight to GLA or EDI, when a hi-speed train with dinner was so much more attractive. Was it just price that drove that market? Certainly not the last 20 seats or so. Are the trains, with reserved seats, so expensive? TALIS & TGV and the German version are tops.

I know RYR undercut the BCN-MAD train ticket substantially. The train was businessmen prices. North South in Italy should be possible with train as an alternative; and France. Not sure about East-West in France; yet.