PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones threatening commercial a/c?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 16:13
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjpowell
I think registration is only going to be mandatory for new purchases. Makes sense as they can enforce it through the machine setup/registration process.
What "setup/regsitration process"? You take these things out of the box, charge the batteries and fly. There is no mandatory "registration process" and no essential communication with external systems.

Yes, you could introduce a law saying that before flying they must be connected to the internet and registered, but given that almost all of these are manufactured in china, korea, taiwan etc I can't see that they would have much interest in complying. The vast majority of these things are purchased over the internet, usually from suppliers in china, korea, taiwan etc. If they choose to ignore such a law it would be extremely expensive to put sufficient import surveillance staff in place to prevent the shipments coming into this country.

Mind you I think they could enforce on most existing machines the same way.
How, exactly?

You might want to do a bit of research into what these things actually look like before making sweeping assertions like this!

PDR