PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 10:14
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Dart the web site you referenced states that 42,000 households struggle to pay electricity and gas bills. 42,000 households represent one half of one percent of Australian households. That's hardly the slippery slope you fret about and besides if pensions and basic wages had only kept up with inflation most of the problem wouldn't exist.

Charlie says

I have been trying to buy a wind-powered tractor but the Chinese refuse to sell me one.
Charlie if you don't understand how wind could power your tractor you shouldn't comment. I'll save you some research time.
wind > turbine > electricity > hydrogen or batteries

I can't comment on your farm loss because I don't know the circumstances but I can say there are vanishingly few farmers using horses for ploughing today. Even some of the Amish people are now using tractors.

Forget fission nuclear. It's much more expensive than renewables, it's fuel is finite and it's waste is dangerous for thousands of years. Imagine the carnage if some demented Ag-pilot got hold of a few 200 litre drums of plutonium waste and sprayed it over Canberra......... er sorry. Bad example of a bad thing.

Mikewil says:

If this were true, there wouldn't be any need to have the green brigade constantly pushing their anti-coal agenda.
They are needed to rebuff the less than truthful propaganda put out by the coal lobby who don't care what their product costs in terms of money or lives.

Mikewil also says:
New renewable sources would be springing up without the need for government subsidies or encouragement - simple economics.
Renewable resources are growing all the time in spite of government stupidity. Just today the owners of Liddell power station told the PM to go forth and multiply. They're going to close it down as planned and replace it with renewable power. Unlike the PM they have skin in the game and wouldn't chose renewables if they weren't the best way forward.

Mikewil you also ignore the fact that every coal fired power station in Australia was built with government money. Why are you now so against subsidies? It appears to be woolly thinking.