PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 01:06
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
[QUOTE=fliion;9985682

I really feel for this crew - not because of the error they made (Unlike some) - but because they knew in those moment after of “uh oh - we screwed up” - that while they were preparing to come around and fly the 22 approach - they were fubar’d, pending upgrade gone, final warning coming, safety Dept position in question, Augmentors interrogation on PM’ing, possible downgrade, possible termination - yada yada yada.

The big one will come here not because of the error, but because of the cloud of punitive measures that are coming, as a crew tries to fix errors- because they know that with Fleet , unlike with a good trainer, resilience in getting it on the ground - will be met with swift, warped justice

Tragic[/QUOTE]

Fliion, you are almost quoting me verbatim after the Moscow incident. I said at the time that the crew would have been under enormous pressure on the second and third approaches..simply because they were thinking about their (lack of ) future.

EK has to realise people are human and make mistakes, and a "just" culture is the only way to fix things. Unfortunately, we all know this will never happen, and things will just continue to worse until something really big happens.