PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 422 incident at Mumbai
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2017, 21:16
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
Definitely not, more a case of using a developing situation to illustrate possible future problems to be avoided and recovering the situation before any risk to flight safety.

Is that the way it is for you today misd-agin ? I have no Airbus experience but when we flew the VOR approach to Mumbai it was PF on HSI raw data and PNF on MAP, no such thing as RNAV approach to Mumbai 09. Take my word for it, the radial needle would dither from side to side, the radial would often appear 'bent' and eventually it was the mark one eyeball that brought things to a satisfactory conclusion. As I said in a previous post, I hope all this has long since been sorted out by now.
Been a while since your last flight? I fly all non precision appoaches in LNAV/VNAV. There is no need for a RNAV approach to be in the FMC for this. Just a normal profile for the non prec approach.

This flight looks like they were doing a normal non prec approach, got visual with Juhu, disconnected and turned towards Juhu, discovered their mistake and did a go around. Not that hard to understand that this can happen.