PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2017, 21:06
OLVpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gardenshed
OLVpilot,

First off do you actually fly outside the US ? If so, you would realise just how bad NY ATC actually is, barking off instructions at high speed and not waiting for a response for example, another would be multiple runway changes at the last minute. If you want really excellent ATC I would suggest you watch and see how London Gatwick do it during the rush hour. And before you ask yes I do fly LH all over the world to.
As for assumption and I quote "Notice, US pilots aren't flying fatigued anymore " I think a fair few of your fellow countrymen would disagree with you.
You're not related to the Irish Leprechaun who runs Ryanair are you, he said something similar about his pilots, had to backtrack on that one when it was pointed out that it was BS.
I was based in EWR for four years and just finished my “tour” in Dubai after three exhausted years, and witnessing two very avoidable plane crashes flying there.

FAR117 has done wonders to mitigate fatigue in the past several years. Most of us at the bottom of the (rosters) schedules are flying with a set minimum days of 13-14.

Fedex laughed at flydubai when they saw the rosters in combination with the flipping of night/day cycles.

Simply put, if fatigue is to be taken seriously in the Middle East, days off need to be drastically improved to accomodate the circadian changes that are so detrimental (and definitive) of these carriers.

There’s always fatigue present as even the best carriers, but the US is light years ahead of EK and FZ.