PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Dec 2017, 13:59
Skipname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunji
maybe its time to stop you imply we are fine with those conditions. we have no other choice than to accept them or should i say at the interview yeah i want double the salary and a fixed contract? lmao get real.. can we maybe stop this now? we got it already 10 pages before, ryanair sucks, we suck aswell because we want to join them and ruin the industry.
Yes you do have a choice, all you have to say is no and walk away. There are literally lots of jobs out there. Why do you think Ryanair are having crew issues? I don't know how long you've been in aviation for but if you look back you'll notice that the employment prospect this year was very positive.

Believe it or not many people actually do turn jobs down because the T&C are bad. A while back while I was a flight instructor I went to the Globe Air interview. At the interview stage they told us that the salary was almost €30K per year. I passed the interview and when they sent me the contract the salary was €1850 per month gross and the rest was made up of different bonuses at the discretion of the company, plus I had to pay €24k for the type rating and stay there for minimum 3 years. I told them no thanks and continued to work as a flight instructor until few months later when I got a great job, well paid and most important not having to pay for anything and treated like a human being. A couple of years ago I turned down another job that is not even worth mentioning.

I also applied for Ryanair when I finished my training, back then they were literally the only choice, shortly after the financial crises. For some reason unknown to me they never called me but I continued to update my application for years to see if they are ever going to call me. This summer around July they sent me an email asking me if I am still interested in working for them, I replied yes. Then a couple of weeks after that they sent me the phone email and then called me, on the phone I made my demands regarding the type of contract, base and salary. They said is not possible and didn't invite me to the interview. It was of great satisfaction to me doing that.