PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Increasing the size of a PST file.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2017, 10:10
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaman
I had the same issue as you some months ago.

I tried all the usual suggestions (see above) but they did not work for me and my W7 OS.

What did work for me was this freeware:

Free ANSI PST to Unicode PST software, Convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST, Convert Unicode PST to ANSI PST

P.S. Make a copy of the pst file before you start converting the original so that at least you have something to go back to if all else fails.

Good luck.
I am intending to make a copy of the original PST file using the simple copy and paste function, and to perform an Export of the same original PST file too. Does that sound about right?

So, you simply selected the source file and the free software program did the rest? But that I mean, it takes the original ANSI PST file, converts it to Unicode file, stuffs the original PST content into that new Unicode file, then puts the new Unicode file back where the original Ansi PST file resided - and Outlook just carries on as normal but now with an increased capacity put of 50GB? Did you not need to change anything within the outlook 2010 program to tell it that something has changed and 'you' need to be across it?

Sorry for the simplistic style of questions, but I don't want to cock this up! Thanks for your reply above.