PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 21:49
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matvey
There's a carrier-specific RNAV/RNP to 13L. It was developed by JetBlue, and I believe one of the other hometown carriers (Delta or American) bought the rights to use it.
I'm pretty sure Delta and JetBlue currently use that approach. I thought American did also but now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, some of us know about that supersecret supposedly nonexistent RNAV RNP approach to 13L. But it probably isn't an option for Emirates or any of them EASA carriers (whatever that means ).

Originally Posted by Matvey
I haven't played back the tracks, but it's likely they passed CRI at the required 1500, but then started the descent angle to aim for 13R instead of 13L, which is 1.0 track miles further.
As I said, from the playback it looks to me like they also crossed DMYHL at 800 feet. Did they make the 800 feet constraint at DMYHL a hard altitude in the box instead of leaving it at or above? It is probably right for 13R but puts you on a shallow profile for 13L. Sometimes the 'advisory' guidance below mins on a non-precision approach can take you somewhere bad.

They were given cross ASALT at 200 knots, cross CRI at 180 knots.

If you hit DMYHL at 800 feet and go for 13L, it looks like you do need that dive and drive level segment Jack330 mentioned before you start down again.

Non-precision approaches in FMS aircraft continue to generate a lot of EGPWS saves.