PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help researching 1961 Electra crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 17:45
BRDuBois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting to work on modeling the site, using the elevation lines to contour it. Figured out in the model where the Trib page 19 picture was taken from by trial-and-error on the model. The Trib picture, my recreation, and a shot of my work surface are at https://ibb.co/cR1GAG

This will let me precisely locate trees and wreckage on the topo map. You can validate the result by clipping the recreation view, making it half transparent, and floating it over the Trib image. In the image of my work surface, the camera is the orange triangle thing. I have a couple other images to use in the same way.

Found a couple errors in my document. On page 35 I thought the station wagon was on the train tracks and we were looking at a berm on the embankment. I realized after modeling the site that there is no berm, the vehicle was on the access road, and the picture was taken from the west side of the top of the embankment.

On page 41 I thought a white line running diagonally from the service road to the center left was a measuring tape, with investigators apparently standing along it. I suspect it's a crowd control tape, and the people there are onlookers.