PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 13:37
footballfanppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS

Quote from Dune (now silent Dune for some reason) post earlier:

"I am very please to hear this may be occurring (and would expect such as I mentioned in my previous post). I am sure many pilots assume a loss of medical payment is a guaranteed "pension for life" and nothing is further from the truth. If an individuals medical condition improves such that he/she is able to regain an aviation medical in his/her home country then the disability claim is no longer valid (along with the associated payments). Alternately, those with truly ongoing legitimate claims where an aviation medical is not possible (such as your associate with the stated MS) should have no problem providing factually updated medical data to revalidate their ongoing disability. I am encouraged API is reviewing each/every payment (even though I am no longer a member but would be very happy to hear such if I was still contributing to the plan) and would advise those who receive such payments to expect a reassessed every 3-4 years to reconfirm the claims are legitimate to protect those still paying into the plan. I do not see a problem with this for legitimate claims. Do you?"

So silent Dune you are saying if you were at home receiving LIPS API benefit after you had been diagnosed with MS you would have no problem with an occasional call from ms Elliott to "check" if your MS had cleared up ?

A colleague of mine received an e mail from ms Robin Elliott at Harvey Watt & Co to arrange a phone call to discuss whether he still required benefits.(I am happy to publish a copy of the e mail if you like).

I suggest both you and Ms elliott google "multiple sclerosis" and pay particular attention to the paragraph on "prognosis"

For Bell the Dune Tolls

Last edited by footballfanppl; 14th Dec 2017 at 23:41.