PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for basic/traffic service info
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 11:31
chevvron

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by jollyrog
I was watching my altimeter. It was fine. It said 2,300ft. My SkyDemon said 2,300ft. The FR24 trace of my flight shows 2,300ft. QNH 1015. It was as calm as anything up there, my level was as stable as it gets and my flight record confirms that.

I appreciate what you say, but it was a case of Farnborough being Farnborough. She didn't ask me my altitude, which I believe would have been the appropriate call if I was activating CAIT.

I do not need warnings when I have 200ft at my disposal and am not bouncing around. That's not what I took their service for.

3rd Sep, 0840Z.
Nonetheless, your Mode C could still have been showing higher than 2,300 on the radar, so the controller under 'duty of care' elected to remind you of Heathrow inbounds less than 1,000ft above you. If she was being 'checked out' at the time, it could be an 'extra' she slipped in to demonstrate to the examiner she was aware of the 'hazards' in that area.
I don't think Farnborough controllers get a readout from CAIT which in my experience (which I admit could be out of date)i usually only operates in CTRs not CTAs.