PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing left alone for a year
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 08:17
joblow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trafalgar,
Great posts and I hope that you are correct , but I do not see this as being limited to the C&T dept . Sure if the trainers walked en mass things would very quickly unravel . PC 's would become invalid and the individuals concerned would be unable to fly . So it's a double edged sword .
But I think it unfair to dump it all on the trainers ,whilst all the other crew members watch safely from the sidelines wringing their hands and applauding the trainers
We went through this in 99 and very few pilots were prepared to act , most capitulated and signed the new sign or be fired contract . Had the A scale pilots all stood outside kitty city and been fired at midday the entire airline would have come to a grinding halt , but CX would still have to pay the employed B scalers . How long would the stalemate have lasted a week possibly 2 ? I would have loved to see how CX would explain to the travelling public that they had fired all their captains hence the airline was no longer operational

But here we get to the crux of the matter . It's not entirely the trainers battle whilst everyone else sits safely on the sidelines it's every pilots battle to restore their Cos and careers . So if you are not prepared to risk it all then prepare for an ever degrading career .
If enough people rally to the flag and it's made very clear that anyone who crosses the line will be dealt with , this fight can be won here and now